Finalists for City of Dreams Pavilion Design Competition Announced!
FIGMENT, the Emerging New York Architects (ENYA) Committee of the AIA and the Structural Engineers Association of New York (SEAoNY) are pleased to announce the finalists of the 2010 City of Dreams Pavilion Design Competition:
- ECHOMATERICO (Berardo Matalucci, Fabiano Spano, Guillermo Ivan López Dominguez, Enrico Crobu)
- Unchung Na and Sorae Yoo of NAMELESS ARCHITECTURE
- Ann Ha and Behrang Behin
- Lonn Combs, RA, of EASTON+COMBS
Each of the four finalists will have until the end of March to respond to jury comments and refine their design. In early April, the jury will reconvene to review the revised designs, and to select a winner. The jury for this competition is as follows:
- Illya Azaroff, AIA, Director of Design, The Design Collective Studio
- Matthew Bremer, AIA, Principal, Architecture In Formation
- Will Laufs, Ph.D., LEED AP, IWE, Vice President, Thornton Tomasetti
- Aleksey Lukyanov-Cherny, Situ Studio
- Martin Pedersen, Executive Editor, Metropolis Magazine
- Rob Rogers, FAIA, Principal, Rogers Marvel Architects
- Marc Tsurumaki, LTL Architects
It is our intention that the pavilion will be designed and built by the winner of the competition. The City of Dreams Pavilion Design Competition is unique in that it asks designers to source their materials as part of the design, and to have as little environmental impact as possible in the sourcing, construction, and de-installation of the pavilion.